We were up early again and left to work in the village. I wanted to see how they did a floor, so we were assigned to Gloria’s house. She not only had a room, but also a veranda to pour. They already had the leveling string set and all the sand that we needed in the yard. We started by shoveling 70 shovels of sand in a pile, then adding the cement to it. We mixed that up, then formed a volcano. The ladies poured about 3 buckets of water in the volcano and we proceeded to mix it on the ground. The ladies continued to sprinkle water as needed. When it was sufficiently mixed, we put shovels of cement into buckets, which we carried into the house to dump. As we were doing this, Gloria’s husband would start the sand again, then break open a cement bag on top of the sand. We would then mix the cement and sand, build a volcano, fill it with water, then mix it up, take it in buckets into the house, dump it along the edge of the other concrete, then start over. I lost count of the piles of concrete that we mixed, but we finished the house. I had been watching the trench from the front yard and they were making progress. It seemed that the trench was finished by the time we finished our house and rather than dumping the grey water into the creek, they were digging a water dispersal station, much like a septic system. They were digging a hole that was about 10 x 10 feet. One or two people would use the pick ax to loosen the soil, then we would shovel it out. I got in there a couple of times, but we really had a lot of people there, so I didn’t get to do much that afternoon. Again, I was the only woman on the team. The rest were at the school or clinic. The kids had been let out of school, so I was able to give out some photos and candy that I had brought. The adults appreciated the candy as well. The van came by to pick us up and we headed back to the ranch for lunch and siesta.
Richard and I decided to install the new UPS, so we headed to the middle school again. We found a bad UPS and decided to install both UPS boxes. We had some difficulties with one that didn’t seem to hold a charge because one computer turned off every time we pulled the power. We decided to let the battery charge, then come back the next day to check it. We worked on the ground outside the computer room and discussed the situation with the principal, who seemed to understand the problem. We ran the ground wire through a PVC pipe to protect it, then dug out around the grounding rod and buried the wire and the clamp lower on the grounding rod. Hopefully, whoever cuts the grass will noticed this and not accidentally cut it. We came back to the ranch about 5:00 for showers and dinner. We discussed what needed to be done for the next day. It was a very rewarding day for me and I felt I had accomplished a lot.