We arrived airport early Saturday morning for our 10:15 flight to Tegucigalpa. Atlanta International airport was packed and the security line was the longest I                                 had ever seen at the international terminal.  I immediately saw Fran and dropped in line behind her, then saw several others wander through. Our flight was a little choppy, but we flew through the valleys in Honduras on approach to the airport. The co-pilot bragged about our landing and we all applauded. We had come in from a different direction to the most dangerous airport in the world and it was a pretty smooth landing. We waited in another line in immigration then customs. I had 49 pounds worth of medication in one bag that I declared and they never even looked at the customs form — just waived me through like the previous 2 years. We put our bags on the sidewalk in front of the airport while Carlos watched over them, then grabbed a sandwich and drink at Panini and sat down to eat. We were hurried out to wait next to the bus and were told we’d leave at 1:30. I think we left closer to 2:30 when we found that the other bus, which Bob called “the bat bus” (it was black), had a dead battery or something. Not to worry, as another one was delivered within 15 minutes. We drove for a couple of hours to the same Mennonite store for a snack and a drink, then loaded up again for Jutecalpa — another couple of hours away. We arrived after dark and were assigned roommates. I am again rooming with Debra Lowe, so we had much to catch up on from 2 years ago. We cleaned up, then went down to the bar for a little liquid refreshment, then to dinner at 7:00. Chicken, rice and a mixed vegetable with water, another glass of wine and then off for a shower and bed. We’re to come to breakfast at 7:00, then walk to the center of town for a short tour and a visit to the church during a service. Hasta manana.


About lynntclarke

I am an attorney by trade, but love to travel. I am in my "golden" years and decided to blog about some of my trips, mainly to keep a diary of my experiences, so that I can do picture books for my travels and remember what I did each day. When you travel, you tend to forget the day before as you are having such wonderful new experiences. The blog will be there forever, I suppose, but memories fade fast. I hope you learn something worthwhile as you read. If not, then that is okay, too. Enjoy your own travels!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s